TPI Member Benefits
See what members are saying about Turgrass Producers International (TPI)
- Turf News - when you become a member you automaticaly receive a subscription to our award winning bi-monthly magazine. It is the only publication devoted exclusively to turfgrass sod production. Turf News features topics on agronomics, equipment, seed, research, business, marketing and more.
- Business Management Newsletter - is full of great business management practices, strategies, sales/marketing tips, and more. As a member, this newsletter will be delivered to you via email every other month.
- E-Newsletter - a monthly email newsletter designed to provide members with a wide assortment of interesting information about TPI’s events, late-breaking news in the industry, interesting stories about members and a variety of assorted topics. To receive your copy please make sure TPI has your most current e-mail address.
- Membership Directory is a printed and online listing of all turfgrass sod producers, suppliers and other members with specific product information for each. An excellent tool for buyers of turfgrass sod and related products.
- Each year the TPI International Education Conference draw hundreds of turfgrass industry professionals from around the world. These industry events provide attendees with information about how to reduce costs, increase profits, and operate their businesses more efficiently. TPI’s Field Days feature live demonstrations and exhibits at the TPI's Conferences or Conventions provide exposure to the latest products and services from the industry’s top manufacturers and suppliers. Seminars, education sessions, tours, exhibits, field demonstrations, and social events offer members an educational opportunity and a chance to renew friendships and make new acquaintances.
- TPI members receive a significant discount on their registration package and other Conference and Convention activity fees.
- See what takes place onsite - photos and presentations can be viewed at your convenience. Go to SmugMug and find more images!
- TPI has teamed with TSYS Merchant Solutions to create a payment processing solution specifically discounted for TPI members that provides lower rates on credit/debit card processing.
- TPI has partnered with I.C. System to offer member companies a quality accounts receivables management program for help in collecting bad debt. For over 75 years I.C. System continues to deliver effective, ethical and cost-effective solutions for collecting debts and improving cash.
- TPI offers a major medical insurance program through our partnership with Mass Marketing Insurance Consultants. MMIC can offer a broadest range of insuring companies, policies and plans. They will analyze the health insurance needs of TPI members and provide objective advice with a view to improving coverage and reducing costs.
- TPI and FedEx Office announce a member discount agreement that's sure to be a big benefit for you and your business. Membership in TPI provides you FedEx Office quality and expertise for the business services you use most. TPI special rates apply to a wide range of printing services and products, including: Lawn Signs, Flyers, Signs/Banners, Pamphlets, Businss Proposals...and much more.
- Members have exclusive resources and information available to them through the TPI website including unlimited access to Michigan State University’s Turf Information Center which maintains the Turfgrass Information File (TGIF), a turf database that contains more than 200,000 records of the most comprehensive collection of turfgrass research and educational materials in the world.
- TPI’s website has an extensive photo and clip-art library featuring many beautiful images for marketing on your website and in printed materials. For non-members we have also have a professional gallery featuring images of turfgrass and equipment.
- Members have access to past issues of Turf News magazine, E-Newsletters and other TPI publications.
- TPI provides public relations support targeting industry professionals, educators, consumer groups, government decision makers and the media to promote the turfgrass sod industry.
- TPI has various technical and informative industry-related brochures, booklets and audio/visual presentations that provide the means to disseminate beneficial and factual information to a broad audience.
- TPI maintains a presence in Washington D.C. and closely monitors key federal and state issues. Members are kept informed about regulatory and legislative alerts through the Business Management newsletter and Turf News magazine. Time-sensitive legislative issues are sent directly with detailed action requests to members.
- TPI is an active supporter of the NTF (National Turfgrass Federation), RISE (Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment), Project Evergreen, NCAE (National Council of Agricultural Employers) and many other organizations and associations serving the turfgrass and green industry through lobbying and public relations efforts.
- TPI’s presence and on-going awareness of important national and international issues and related legislative action ensures that members are informed and aware of compliance with governmental rules, regulations and mandates that can impact their business.
- Your membership in TPI helps support The Lawn Institute, our Foundation dedicated to turfgrass research and education to benefit the turfgrass industry. The Lawn Institute has funded $1,000,000+ in research.
- The Dr. Henry W. Indyk Scholarship (administered by The Lawn Institute) was established to honor a founding father of TPI while benefiting TPI members by providing up to $10,000 in scholarships annually. Scholarships are available to immediate family or designated staff of a current TPI member (Class A, B or C) in good standing. Scholarship applicants majoring in any given field must plan on attending or be attending an accredited educational facility as a full-time student.
- The Lawn Institute website is focused on consumer education. The site contains guidelines for lawn maintenance and information about the many benefits of turfgrass.
- TPI Honors and Awards program recognizes the best of the best industry leaders and contributors with its Distinguished Service, Innovator of the Year, Honorary Member and President’s Leadership Awards.
- Industry News – member companies can submit press releases on new products, equipment, personnel, expansions, acquisitions and special milestones for consideration in Turf News magazine.
- Company Profiles – submit your success story to Turf News and TPI E-Newsletter to exposure and recognition from your peers.
Click HERE for a TPI Member application!