Twitter Handle Competition
Do You Have A “Handle” On It?
Voting has begun - click on the following link to cast your vote!
Voting ends June 23, 2014
TPI is joining Twitter! If you are unfamiliar with Twitter, it is a social media application where people, organizations and the media can share news, feedback, thoughts and ideas using 140 characters or less. While Twitter isn’t an ideal forum for all TPI-related information, it will be a useful tool to communicate brief information to our members and other industry associates quickly.
But before we start “tweeting” (that is the term for communications initiated through Twitter), we need a name to use with our account. That’s where our members come in:
Because TPI is your organization and we represent you, we are inviting you to submit potential Twitter handles*. TPI is making this a friendly contest for our members. The Public Relations Working Group will review all submissions to ensure they aren’t currently being used on Twitter and will select five options. Those five options will be posted on the TPI website and members will be invited to vote on their favorite. The member who submits the winning option will win a US$25.00 Amazon gift card and the glory of seeing the name they suggested on each TPI tweet! Everybody who enters the contest will receive a Money Savings Card from The Lawn Institute with US$10.00 pre-loaded to their online account.
We want you to have fun thinking of a great Twitter handle for TPI. So, we are keeping the contest to just a few rules:
- All suggestions must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm Central time on Monday, May 19, 2014
- If multiple people submit identical handles, TPI will recognize the first entry received at the headquarters office
- There is no limit to the number of suggestions each member can make (be creative and submit multiple ideas)
- The handle must contain fewer than 15 characters (this is a Twitter rule, not a TPI rule)
- No lewd or offensive names will be considered
- The contest is only open to members of TPI and their families – submit your idea today!
Send submissions to info@TurfGrassSod.org by 5:00 pm Central time on May 19, 2014 with “Twitter Handle” in the subject line. Voting on the five options will open on Tuesday, June 3 and will close on Monday, June 23. The winning TPI Twitter handle will be announced on Tuesday, July 1.
What will the first TPI tweet be? Follow TPI on Twitter before the Summer Convention and find out!
For additional information about using Twitter, TPI recommends the following websites:
* A Twitter handle is the name associated with the Twitter account.