Internship Position Available
Sod Farm Internship
GrassMasters Indiana is seeking to hire an intern who will be responsible for coordinating with farm managers various tasks to be assigned to crew. You will assist in the directing of day-to-day responsibilities of install and farm crews. In addition to that, you will help the farm manager in harvesting and agronomic tasks including; spraying, fertilizing, irrigation and field preparation. This position is very diverse in that intern would gain some management experience but also allow you to oversee the process from grow-in through harvest of premium NFL turfgrasses. We currently are producing TTTF, HGT bluegrass, Innovation Zoysia, and Tahoma and Northbridge bermudagrass.
Applicant must be a self-starter and willing to learn the daily requirements of running a sod farm. Previous agriculture farming experience and mechanical experience is a plus.
GrassMasters Sod Farm is a growing business who is opening multiple new locations. Our Barnesville, Colorado farm has been planted and is slated to open in 2020. We also have farms in Lexington, KY and Panama. With the growth of our business there are opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Managing day to day task assignment to crew.
- Operation of various tractors and harvesting equipment.
- Working with farm manager to ensure we are maintaining harvest fields.
- Tracking and performing preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the crew.
- Training new employees on daily tasks.
- Developing a strategy to produce the best possible sod quality.
- Be able to communicate with crew and customers effectively.
- Implementing a system to standardize field data to guide harvest locations
Intern Preferred Abilities:
- Pursuant of Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field.
- Experience in equipment operation.
- Experience in maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Hourly position $15-16/hr plus overtime over 40 hrs
- Potential for advancement
- Most weekends and holidays off
- Contact: Aaron Neufelder via email at email@example.com
Contact Aaron Neufelder at firstname.lastname@example.org