SAVE THE DATE!
Use our Turfgrass Education Center quick link to view the events that took place at the TPI 2017 International Education Conference & Field Days.
2018 Call for Presentations
Turfgrass Producers International is inviting members, manufacturers, educators, researchers, and others to submit presentation proposals for the TPI 2018 International Education Conference & Field Day in Tucson, Arizona, February 12-15, 2018.
Our members want information that will help them manage and operate their business more efficiently. Successful presentations involve a high level of participant involvement, and we encourage our presenters to use questions, exercises, and other activities to convey their message. Learning is the primary objective and proposals for presentations of all types will be considered.
Specific topics desired for the 2018 program include the following:
All submissions are due electronically (www.surveymonkey.com/r/N3LTMVM) to TPI by September 1, 2017. Please contact Karen Cooper at 847-737-7631 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about presenting or problems with the electronic form.
- New or developing technologies for the turf industry, such as GPS, drone usage, precision agriculture techniques, or variable rate applications
- Sustainable farming techniques, including water management or drought tolerant turfgrasses
- New or emerging issues for turfgrass production, the agriculture industry, or family farms (what does our future look like?)
- Social media--what is it good for, how can it help farms, and what are some best practices for effective use?
- Marketing your farm effectively
- Hosting successful farm tours and using them to promote your business
- Industry best practices--what works and doesn't work for your business